Shrinking violet is a revolutionary new type of slimming wrap and is recommended to be used as part of a sensible eating and healthy lifestyle. The slimming wrap provides instant results and keeps working for up to 72 hours after the treatment.
Shrinking violet is designed to shrink fat cells through Lypolisis. This painless, effortless process can successfully decrease fat from problem areas, such as stomach, thighs, buttocks, arms and legs. The pre blended specialist oil, applied to the skin, penetrates to the subcutaneous layer of the skin where fat is stored to break down fat cells which are then easily excreted by the body. The amount of reduction varies for each person depending on metabolism, lifestyle, medication and menstrual cycle. Many people reduce by at least one whole size after the first treatment. The main ingredient is an active phospholipid solution, which is pre-blended with essential oils containing a cellulite blend which also improves the aesthetic appearance of the skin, including cellulite, stretch marks and rough or dry skin.
For maximum results we recommend a 6 weeks course with before and after care whilst following a sensible diet and exercise programme.
These are medical conditions which would prevent the treatment from going ahead :-
- Pregnant or trying to conceive
- Within 3 months of giving birst
- Within 3 months after finishing breast feeding
- 6 months after caesarean
- Recent cancer/chemotherapy
- Soya bean intolerance
- Lymph gland removal
- Allergies to grape seed, jojoba, lavender or cypress oils.
- History of blood clots, thrombosis or embolism
- Kidney or liver disorders
- Skin diseases
- Active eczema or psoriasis
- Recent surgery & cosmetic surgery
- Inflammation or swelling
- Thyroid problems
- Blood pressure problems
- Varicous veins
The following medical conditions require the treatment to be adapted.
- Open cuts or abrasions
If you have any queries or are unsure about any contraindications or have any other health concerns then please do not hesitate to contact Ora beauty prior to making an appointment. In some cases a GP referral is required.
Home care advice
Before your treatment, it is important to follow these instructions before your appointment :-
- Hair removal whether shaving or waxing should not be carried out within 48 hours before or after the wrap.
- Have a light meal before the wrap
- Do not drink alcohol for 24 hours prior to wrap (72 hours for maximum results)
- Do not drink caffeine for 24 hours prior to wrap (72 hours for maximum results)
- Bring a bikini or appropriate underwear
- Shower on the day of your wrap but do not apply body moisturisers as these can act as a barrier.
- Drink lots and lots of water for 72 hours prior to wrap
After your treatment;
- Do not shower, use saunas, swim or exercise for the next 24 hours
- Leave the oil on your body for as long as possible as it will continue to work for 72 hours
- Avoid alcohol for 72 hours
- Avoid caffeine for 72 hours
- Avoid eating heavy meal for 24 hours
- Avoid sunless or UV tanning for 72 hours
- Drink lots and lots of water for 72 hours at least 1-2 litres a day
What does the treatment involve?
You will then be invited to lie back and relax in the warmed beauty bed for 60 minutes while the oil takes effect. During this time you can enjoy any of the following treatments or simply lie back and enjoy the calming relaxing environment.
- Scalp, hand & foot massage
- Eyelash tint (patch test required)
- Eyebrow shape
- Eyebrow tint
- Semi permanent Occasion lashes
Once the time is complete the wrap is removed and measurements will be taken and recorded to assess fat reduction. It is important to note that we would like to avoid focusing on numbers and instead focus on how clothes are feeling before and after the treatment and the days following the wrap.