Specialist Waxing Edinburgh
Lycon Hot Wax
Lycon’s ground breaking stripless hot waxes shrink-wrap and remove hair as short as 1mm! It’s perfect for short, stubborn hair on any part of the face and body. Lycon Hot Waxes encompass the finest selection of natural and soothing ingredients that nurture the skin, leaving it feeling soft, smooth and completely hair-free. Used at an extra low temperature, Lycon Hot Waxes can be re-applied 5 - 6 times on just waxed skin, without affecting their superior grip and pliability and without discomfort or irritation. Excellent on the most sensitive skins anywhere, Lycon Hot Waxes are the professional’s companion for perfect Brazilian waxing!
Body areas to use Lycon Hot Wax:
- Bikini lines and underarms; it is extra gentle and soothing for those sensitive areas and leaves a cleaner and neater finish than Strip Wax.
- Eyebrows, lips and facial area; it is great for these areas.
Lycon Strip Wax
Lycon Strip Wax is fast to apply, has an extra strong grip and no sticky residue. Using a metal spatula allows for ultra-thin application which results in minimum skin drag. It is made from a special blend of natural and organic raw materials to grip and remove hair as short as 2mm! All Lycon Strip Waxes are based on the same formula; however, they have their own individual colours and aromatherapy ingredients. All Lycon Strip Waxes can be reapplied on the same area two to three times should some hair be missed.
Body areas to use Lycon Strip Wax:
- Bikini lines and underarms; many salons use Lycon Strip Wax for these areas, however we much prefer and highly recommend the results and the painless waxing that Lycon Hot Waxes offer on these sensitive areas. Furthermore it is much easier to wax these areas with a hot wax as they leave a much cleaner and neater finish.
- Body; Lycon Strip Waxes are perfect for legs and arms, efficiently removing hair as short as 2mm.
Post wax do’s & don’ts
- Avoid steam rooms, saunas, Jacuzzi baths and swimming for 24 hours after treatment.
- If having a bath or shower in the 24 hours post waxing, water should not be hot.
- No tanning (sunbathing, sunbeds or fake tans) for 24 hours.
- No massage, heat or friction to the area for 24 hours.
- No aerobics or exercise for 24 hours.
- Avoid scratching or touching the treated area with unwashed hands.
- Avoid wearing overly tight clothing.
- Deodorant should be avoided following underarm waxing for 24 – 48 hours.
- Make-up should be avoided following facial hair removal for 24 – 48 hours.
- After three days begin exfoliation.
- Exfoliate at least three times a week to minimise ingrowing hairs.
- Moisturise daily.
Some slight soreness, small bumps and redness are common and perfectly normal temporary reactions, particularly if this is your first wax. These symptoms should subside over 24-48 hours. If you experience persistent redness or irritation, or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What bikini waxes do you offer?
What is the difference between hot wax & strip wax?
Why is Lycon Hot Waxing recognised as a less-painful experience?
What is so unique about your wax?
How long should my hair be for waxing?
What is the etiquette for the various types of waxing on offer?
- Basic bikini: You will be given the option to wear paper knickers or your own knickers G-string: (same as basic) but g-string knickers are recommended should you choose to wear your own.
- Brazilian: We recommend that you remove your knickers however if you are not comfortable with this we will provide you with a paper g-string and the treatment may take slightly longer.
- Hollywood: (same as above) If you choose to wear your own knickers we cannot assume responsibility for any oil or wax spillage onto the fabric.
Can I still have a bikini wax when I am on my period?
I'm pregnant but I want a bikini wax. What do you recommend?
Does it hurt?
How long will the waxed area be hair free?
Is it done with discretion?
Our therapist wears gloves during all intimate waxing procedures to insure your safety and intimate cleansing wipes are offered to each client at the beginning of the treatment. Ora Beauty Waxing Edinburgh has a very strict hygiene policy. Our beauty room is kept very clean and hygienic to meet industry standards. Clean laundry is used for each client and equipment is disinfected between each appointment.