Fake Bake Sunless Tanning
Fake Bake is the UK’s leading salon professional self tan and spray tan brand. Fake Bake gives an instant sun-kissed colour and develops into a long lasting sunless fake tan by combining naturally derived tanning agents DHA and Erythulose guaranteeing longer lasting (up to 50% longer), more natural-looking results. Fake Bake has developed botanical ingredients to remove parabens and artificial preservatives. Their specialist self-tans offer added benefits like anti ageing, anti cellulite and anti oxidants. Award winning, Fake Bake has become the choice of beauty experts and celebrities alike.
Fake Bake Darker – develops after 6 – 8 hours (best left on overnight) for a deep, dark, rich tan, not recommended for fair skin.
Fake Bake Original – develops after 6 – 8 hours (best left on over night) massaged onto the skin, whilst lying down. Pre treatment exfoliation at home is essential.
Fake Bake Rapid – develops within 1 hour, no need to sleep in the tan, (1 hour for very light tan, 3 hours for deeper tan).
Pre Tan Do’s & Don’ts
- We recommend you obtain a patch test, if you have never used any self-tanning products before or have sensitive skin.
- Do not use any other self tanning products 1 week before treatment.
- Wax or shave at least 24 hours prior to treatment.
- On the day of your Fake Bake treatment DO NOT wear any make-up, deodorant, perfume, body oils or lotions as these may react with the tanning agents in Fake Bake Spray Tan.
- Wear loose, dark clothing, sandals or flip flops.
Post Tan Do’s & Don’ts
- Wear loose clothing.
- Keep skin completely dry, avoid water contact.
- Do not apply any products over the developing tan.
- Allow tan to develop for at least 6 – 8 hours (overnight if possible). (1-3 hours for Rapid)
- Avoid other beauty/hair treatments whilst tan is developing.
- Avoid activities that make you perspire.
- Drink hot beverages through a straw as contact with a hot cup can strip colour from around your mouth. Toothpaste can also strip colour while your tan develops.
After your tan has developed:
- Rinse off remaining colour guide with warm/hot water. Once the water runs clear gently wash yourself with a mild soap.
- Avoid products that contain alpha hydroxy acids (AHA’s) as they can strip colour.
- Avoid swimming pools as chlorine will prematurely fade your tan.
- To prolong your tan use Fake Bake Smoothie Oil or Fake Bake Oil Free Moisturiser daily, locking in colour. This will also hydrate your skin.
How does tan actually work?
Although DHA has been used in self-tans since the 1970’s, it wasn’t until the late 1980’s that cosmetic companies found a way to produce better results (browner, less orange) with DHA. This is attributed to an improved refining process yielding higher quality, more predictable DHA. Fake Bake only uses the most premium DHA throughout all its self-tans. Premium DHA interacts with the amino acid – keratin (more commonly known as ‘dead’ or `cornified` skin cells) that lie in the top layers of your skin (the Stratum Corneum or Horny Layer). This tan develops rapidly, but is also most temporary as your skin cells are worn away.
Effectively, DHA and Erythrulose do the same thing – they react with Amino Acids to turn your skin brown. Eruthrulose is a Ketose which also reacts with the amino acid – Keratin. This reaction leads to the formulation of brownish coloured polymers called Melanoids. Erythulose used on its own has to be applied daily, and it never develops a dark tan. However, when combined with DHA, they work together to reduce streaking and miscolouring for a natural looking tan. They also make your tan last longer and fade perfectly evenly for a continuously natural appearance.
Will I have a tan straight away?
How long does it take to develop?
Fake Bake Rapid – develops within 1 hour, (1 hour for very light tan, 3 hours for deeper tan)
Fake Bake Darker – develops after 6 – 8 hours
Fake Bake Original – develops after 6 – 8 hours