Lycon Waxing Edinburgh
Lycon Waxing Edinburgh
Pain Free Waxing
Ok, Ok, waxing can never really be “pain free” although here at Ora Beauty we aim to try to make your wax as painless as possible.
We Use Lycon Hot wax and Lycon Strip Wax in our salon. The reason is simple, we believe this is the best wax in the world and we think you deserve the best. This wax is imported to the Uk from Australia where we order it from our distributor in London.
Every salon that uses the Lycon wax must be trained by Lycon in a special advanced waxing class. All the therapists you meet at Ora Beauty have 3 years beauty college training plus Lycon Intimate Wax training diplomas.
We use the entire Lycon waxing system from start to finish, to help you feel pampered and cared for. Our pre & post waxing oils and creams are packed with aromatherapy oils, which calm the skin and promote healing.
We follow the Guild of Beauty Therapists code of conduct to ensure a safe and hygienic waxing treatment. We provide modesty towels, hygienic refreshing wipes and magazines for your comfort.
Why do we go to these extraordinary lengths? To give you the best and as pain free wax as possible.
Luxury Waxing - Price List
|Hollywood Hot Wax||£36|
|Brazilian Hot Wax||£36|
|G-String Hot Wax||£26|
|Bikini Hot Wax||£21|
|Underarm Hot Wax||£15|
|Chin Hot Wax||£5|
|Lip Hot Wax||£5|
|Full Leg Strip Wax||£30|
|½ Leg Strip Wax (Lower)||£15|
|Forearm Strip Wax||£10|
|Full Arm Strip Wax||£20|
|Full leg, Brazilian/Hollywood, Underarm Hot & Strip Wax||£71|
|½ leg, Brazilian/Hollywood & Underarm Hot & Strip Wax||£63|
|½ Leg, Brazilian/Hollywood – Hot & Strip Wax||£48|
Why Are We The Best?
Lycon Hot Wax
Lycon’s ground breaking stripless hot waxes shrink-wrap and remove hair as short as 1mm! It’s perfect for short, stubborn hair on any part of the face and body. Lycon Hot Waxes encompass the finest selection of natural and soothing ingredients that nurture the skin, leaving it feeling soft, smooth and completely hair-free. Used at an extra low temperature, Lycon Hot Waxes can be re-applied 5 – 6 times on just waxed skin, without affecting their superior grip and pliability and without discomfort or irritation. Excellent on the most sensitive skins anywhere, Lycon Hot Waxes are the professional’s companion for perfect Brazilian waxing!
Body areas to use Lycon Hot Wax:
- Bikini lines and underarms; it is extra gentle and soothing for those sensitive areas and leaves a cleaner and neater finish than Strip Wax.
- Eyebrows, lips and facial area; it is great for these areas.
Lycon Strip Wax
Lycon Strip Wax is fast to apply, has an extra strong grip and no sticky residue. Using a metal spatula allows for ultra-thin application which results in minimum skin drag. It is made from a special blend of natural and organic raw materials to grip and remove hair as short as 2mm! All Lycon Strip Waxes are based on the same formula; however, they have their own individual colours and aromatherapy ingredients. All Lycon Strip Waxes can be reapplied on the same area two to three times should some hair be missed.
Body areas to use Lycon Strip Wax:
- Bikini lines and underarms; many salons use Lycon Strip Wax for these areas, however we much prefer and highly recommend the results and the painless waxing that Lycon Hot Waxes offer on these sensitive areas. Furthermore it is much easier to wax these areas with a hot wax as they leave a much cleaner and neater finish.
- Body; Lycon Strip Waxes are perfect for legs and arms, efficiently removing hair as short as 2mm.
Basic bikini means the hair removed from the top and sides of bikini area. French bikini same as basic bikini however the top can be taken slightly higher with some hair removed underneath following the line of a g-string. Brazilian removes all of the hair from underneath and leaves only a strip or small triangle of hair in front (hair is also removed from the area between the buttocks). Hollywood means everything off!
Lycon Hot wax is spread thickly onto the skin and allowed to dry slightly before it is gently peeled away. This method is far less painful than most and pulls hair directly from the roots. The benefits include fewer in-grown hairs, less breakage and therefore longer re-growth periods. This wax also promotes skin hydration and is highly recommended for sensitive areas. Strip wax is recommended for thicker/less sensitive skin, for example – legs & arms. A thin layer of wax is applied to the skin and is then removed using a paper strip. We offer Lycon So Berry Strip Wax.
When we use our hot wax on sensitive areas, we first apply an essential oil to the skin which acts as a barrier between the wax and the skin. Therefore, the wax is able to shrink wrap around the hair and will not stick to the skin. (Less tugging results in less pain!) Our therapist is highly trained in intimate waxing and Lycon strip waxing.
The wax we use is sourced from Australia and is designed to promote skin hydration and care for the skin with various essential oil based ingredients, our wax also eliminates the “freshly plucked chicken” effect that many other waxes cause, therefore, having to do a Brazilian a good 24 hours before the hot date is now a thing of the past! Many of our clients can come in for upper lip and eyebrow waxing on the same day of their event and find they leave with little redness to the skin.
Lycon Hot Wax can grab hair as short as 1mm in length. Lycon Strip Wax can remove hair as short as 2mm. Everyone has a different growth cycle but we are generally able to wax areas that have been shaved one week earlier. However with larger parts of the body like arms/legs, we suggest leaving it three weeks before waxing. Clients that have not waxed/shaved for a long period of time need not worry as our therapist will trim the hair to a suitable length for waxing.
- Basic bikini: You will be given the option to wear paper knickers or your own knickers G-string: (same as basic) but g-string knickers are recommended should you choose to wear your own.
- Brazilian: We recommend that you remove your knickers however if you are not comfortable with this we will provide you with a paper g-string and the treatment may take slightly longer.
- Hollywood: (same as above) If you choose to wear your own knickers we cannot assume responsibility for any oil or wax spillage onto the fabric.
Absolutely! You will need to wear a freshly changed tampon before going into your treatment (you may use our loo beforehand to freshen up).
Waxing during pregnancy is very popular especially now that people know that our wax is less painful. Our therapists are trained to ensure that all parts of the body are waxed comfortably and safely. The Brazilian or Hollywood wax is a very popular treatment one week before the due date, however we would not wax during first three months of pregnancy.
Every person has a different pain threshold and so experiences waxing differently, however with regular waxing most find it becomes easier as the hairs become thinner, lighter and sparser after a few treatments. Our specialised hot wax and expertly trained/experienced therapist makes waxing as pain-free as possible. If you have a particularly low pain threshold a couple of ibuprofen tablets half an hour before the treatment time tends to reduce pain.
You may notice a small amount of regrowth after a week or so. It can take up to 4 treatments for your hair to get on a growth cycle that gives best results. To maintain your smooth appearance, we recommend regular waxing every four weeks.
We can provide a towel that can be used to cover parts of the intimate area while waxing. The treatment does involve the client holding the skin in various places to help minimise discomfort but the therapist will lead you in this process.
Post wax do’s & don’ts
- Avoid steam rooms, saunas, Jacuzzi baths and swimming for 24 hours after treatment.
- If having a bath or shower in the 24 hours post waxing, water should not be hot.
- No tanning (sunbathing, sunbeds or fake tans) for 24 hours.
- No massage, heat or friction to the area for 24 hours.
- No aerobics or exercise for 24 hours.
- Avoid scratching or touching the treated area with unwashed hands.
- Avoid wearing overly tight clothing.
- Deodorant should be avoided following underarm waxing for 24 – 48 hours.
- Make-up should be avoided following facial hair removal for 24 – 48 hours.
- After four days begin exfoliation.
- Exfoliate at least three times a week to minimise ingrowing hairs.
- Moisturise daily.
Some slight soreness, small bumps and redness are common and perfectly normal temporary reactions, particularly if this is your first wax. These symptoms should subside over 24-48 hours. If you experience persistent redness or irritation, or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.